We are a Swiss company founded in 2016 in the heart of Zurich. Our employees are highly specialized and help companies and organizations to implement and maintain Linux and Open Source based projects. Our experience is based on years of working in the automotive industry, telecommunications and medical informatics.
The Team of Linuxfabrik
We are happy to answer your questions about Linux and Open Source.
In addition to tips & tricks on Linux and open source, we share experiences from our everyday Linux life and report on news from the Linuxfabrik at www.linuxfabrik.ch/en/blog.
We want to carry on our passion for Open Source and Linux
and build efficient and secure infrastructures and applications without
We create and support IT solutions based on open source that are perfectly tailored to your needs. We transform technically demanding concepts into an easily usable form without losing sight of the end user’s perspective. In doing so, we never let our customers down – that is our motivation and our goal.
In order to meet our own demands, our team is highly trained, informed about current developments, certified and continuously educates itself. If we don’t know something, we invest in knowledge building. We work exclusively with open source software ourselves. We give developments back to the community. Our principles are:
Partnerships & Collaborations
Projects in IT are interdisciplinary – depending on their nature and size, we work with specialists from a wide range of fields. When choosing our partners, we are always objective and independent. We not only know the industry and the companies, but also the employees of our partners from personal experience.
Publications and press reviews
- 2023-03: Icinga Customer Story: Success Story Health Organization Swiss TPH
- 2022-03: K-Tipp Magazine 09/03/2022, pages 10 and 11: Hospital, AHV fund, fiduciary office: personal data poorly protected
- 2021-08: Linux Magazine #251 (US edition) starting on page 16: Cover Theme: Linux From Scratc
- 2021-07: Linux-Magazin 08/2021 starting on page 70: Final assembly – Assembling your own Linux distribution (part 2)
- 2021-06: K-Tipp Magazine 02/06/2021, pages 32 and 33: Eight out of ten clouds are not trustworthy
- 2021-06: Linux-Magazin 07/2021 from page 90: Wunscheinrichtung – Basics and concepts of LFS (part 1)
- 2021-05: K-Tipp Magazine 05/05/2021, pages 32 and 33: Learning: A piece of cake with these apps
- 2020-12: Swiss IT Magazine 2020/12, page 29ff: Market overview – Specialized partners for OSS projects
- 2020-04: Health Tip April 2020, pages 20 and 21: Many health apps spy on users
- 2020-01: K-Tipp magazine Jan. 15, 2020, pages 6 and 7: Google knows your desired weight
- 2019-06: Linux-Magazin 06/2019 starting on page 22: Keeping gluster storage happy
- 2014-11: Markus Frei – RHEL 7 & CentOS 7 Admin Manual [Kindle Edition]
- 2014-10: Markus Frei – Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) on RHEL 7 – The compendium for the EX300 exam in German. [Kindle Edition]
- 2014-09: Markus Frei – Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) on RHEL 7 – The Compendium to the EX200 Exam in German. [Kindle Edition]
- 2013-03: Markus Frei – Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) on RHEL 6 – The compendium to the EX200 exam in German. [Kindle Edition]